In 2021, retail e-commerce sales amounted to approximately 4.9 trillion U.S. dollars worldwide. This figure is forecast to grow by 50 percent over the next four years, reaching about 7.4 trillion dollars by 2025.
I am sure we don’t need to tell you how important buying on-line is to business – but we also know it can be a very daunting prospect. You probably know you need to do something but are unsure where to start, how much it will cost, how long will it take?, what’s involved? Well don’t worry because we have a lot of experience and can help you and your business achieve that next stage..
Here are a list of 12 best practices for a solid eCommerce marketing strategy
1) When a customer creates an online profile on your website to purchase your products or services, allow them to use their email address instead of a creating a username. It’s easier to remember and always unique.
2) Use breadcrumbs on your website to help customers know where they are in your online store. Amazon.com uses this process so you know it’s good.
3) Ensure that your contact information is always available and easy to see. This way as soon as a customer has a question or concern, he or she can get in touch right away.
4) Add a visible search field that is accessible from each page of your website, especially your eCommerce section. Your customers need to find the products and services they are looking for. Make it easy for them.
5) Add a recommended items and related products feature to the e-Commerce section of your website. This practice can lead to more sales as customers see related products and services.
6) Make sure you have calls to action strategically placed on your website. These can include promotions, deals, campaigns, etc. A well designed graphic with a call to action can go a long way when it comes to increasing sales on your eCommerce site.
7) Consider adding relevant security badge images to your website. Some people still consider online shopping as a dangerous practice and well placed badges will ease the mind of a worried shopper. This is a great way to build trust on your eCommerce site.
8) Break up the ordering process into smaller bite sized pieces. Online purchases can be a long-winded process. Creating smaller steps that allow the customer to see where they are in the process helps.
9) Did you know that the majority of customers that abandon purchases do so during the order process? One way to help prevent this is to add copy to each order page that answers potential questions and builds credibility.
10) Make sure that the cart and its contents are visible at all times. Customers like to feel in control of their purchases and this practice helps.
11) Show all fees in the shopping carts. We all hate hidden fees so be as transparent as possible at all times.
12) It’s imperative that customers see a confirmation page before confirming their order. This allows them to review their purchase and make changes as necessary. Make sure this page allows people to easily make edits and re-calculate their total cost.
We all know that happy customers turn into repeat customers. Creating a use friendly eCommerce marketing site will help keep your customers engaged and coming back for more. If you are unsure where to start and need some help, contact us.